●下列具有否定意义的副词和介词短语在句首时，如：no, never, little, not, not until, hardly, scarcely, rarely, barely, seldom, never, nowhere, in no case, at no time, by no means, under no circumstance, on no account, in no way等。
●由so, neither, nor起首，表示前一句话中的谓语所说的内容也适用于另一句话的主语时，句子需要倒装，其中肯定句用so，否定句用neither, nor。
●由as, though引导的让步状语从句, 把形容词或副词及名词放在as或though之前形成倒装。
●频度副词often, always, once, many a time 在句首表示强调时, 用部分倒装。
●在虚拟语气句子中，如果省略if，那么就把were, should, had放在主语之前，形成倒装。
1. He is used to flying by air and on no occasion _____ frightened. (05-12)
A) he has ever felt B) he ever feels C) ever does he feel D) has he ever felt
2. So _____ after she learned the good news that she could hardly fall asleep that night. (04-6)
A) excited the mother was B) was the mother excited C) the mother was excited D) excited was the mother
3. So loudly _____ that people could hear it out in the street. (03-12)
A) did the students play the music C) the students played the music
B) the students playing the music D) have the students played the music
4. Not for a moment _____ the truth of your explanation about the event. (03-6)
A) we have doubted B) did we doubt C) we had doubted D) doubted we
5. Not until quite recently _____ any idea of what a guided rocket is like. (02-12)
A) did I have B) do I have C) should I have D) would I have
6. Since Dick was busy, he rarely had time to go to the cinema; ______. (01-12)
A) Jane did too B) Jane didn’t as well C) so did Jane D) nor did Jane
答案：1. D) 2. D) 3. A) 4. B) 5. A) 6. D)
1. Not only _____ us light, but it gives us heat.
A) the sun gives B) has the sun given C) the sun has given D) does the sun give
2. Tired _____ she was, she went on working.
A) although B) as C) however D) enough
3. Not only _____ about the food, but he also refused to pay for it.
A) he complained B) had he complained C) did he complain D) does he complain
4. _____, the president is not able to get his own way on every issue.
A) Popular as is he B) As he is popular C) Popular as he is D) As popular he is
5. In order to improve the security in the world, at no time _____ the first to use nuclear weapon.
A) will China be B) China will be C) will be China D) be will China
6. No sooner _____ gone out than it started to snow.
A) he had B) he have C) have he D) had he
7. Little _____ whether we live or die. We will not make friends with him.
A) cares he B) did he care C) does he care D) cared he
8. Our manager never laughed, _____ lose his temper in front of us.
A) or he ever did B) or did he ever C) nor did he ever D) nor he ever did
9. _____ that our knocking could not wake him up.
A) So deeply he slept B) So deeply did he sleep C) Did he sleep so deeply D) Deeply he slept
10. They have all got up early to catch the bus, and _____.
A) Jack has so B) So has Jack C) Jack has either D) also had Jack
11. Under no circumstances _____ his motherland.
A) he will betray B) will he betray C) he will not betray D) will he not betray
12. He was not very intelligent. _____ did he work very hard.
A) Either B) Too C) Neither D) So
13. By no means _____ look down upon the poor.
A) we shall B) shall we C) should we D) we should
14. Not until Mr. Smith came to China _____ what kind of a country she was.
A) did he know B) he didn’t know C) he know D) he could know
15. Only after they had performed hundreds of experiments _____ in solving the problem.
A) they succeeded B) they had succeeded C) did they succeed D) would they succeed
16. “On no account _____ to feed the animals,” the warning can be seen on the signboard in front of every cage.
A) allow visitors B) visitors are allowed C) are visitors allowed D) are allowed visitors
答案：1-5 D B C C A 6-10 D C C B B 11-16 B C C A C C