●如果主语是单数而后面跟有with, together with, along with, combined with, as well as, in addition to, more than, no less than, rather than, like, but, except等词引起的短语，谓语动词用单数。
●如果主语是and连接的两个单数名词且前面有every, each, no等不定代词修饰时，谓语动词用单数。
●“many a/more than one/the number of /neither of/either of + 名词”做主语时，谓语用单数。
●由并列连词or, either…or…, neither…nor…, not only…but also…, nor等连接的两个名词（或代词），谓语形式应采用邻近的原则，即谓语与邻近主语一致。
1. Dr. Richard, together with his wife and three children, (be) _____ to arrive in Beijing this afternoon. (05-1, 03-12)
2. Neither the clerks nor the manager (know) _____ anything about the accident now. (02-6)
3. The manager, as well as his advisers, _____ to attend the world fair. (01-6)
A) are agreed B) were agreed C) have agreed D) has agreed
答案：1. is 2. knows 3. D)
1. Neither they nor I _____ going to the party.
A) am B) is C) are D) being
2. Not only I but also Tom and Mary _____ fond of watching television.
A) is B) am C) are D) be
3. Many a man _____ that life is empty without any purpose.
A) think B) have thought C) thinks D) are thinking
4. Man, no less than the lower forms of life, _____ a product of evolutionary process.
A) is B) are C) was D) were
5. Mike is so fond of collecting stamps that three fourths of his salary _____ spent on it.
A) has B) are C) is D) had
6. Most of the passengers _____ in the aircraft. Only three of them survived.
A) are killed B) were killed C) killed D) was killed
7. Every student, teacher and staff member _____ to contribute.
A) ask B) asks C) have asked D) is asked
8. The singer and dancer _____ our evening.
A) is to attend B) was attend C) were to attend D) are attend
9. More than one example _____ necessary to make the students understand this rule clearly.
A) should be B) is C) are D) have been
10. Here is a message of importance to every man and woman who _____.
A) votes B) vote C) voting D) are voting
11. A doctor, together with two nurses, _____ sent to that mountain village to help the sick people.
A) have B) has C) have been D) has been
12. _____ of the two football teams scored a goal, so the final result was a draw.
A) No one B) Neither C) None D) Not any
13. His knowledge of languages and international relations ______ him in his work.
A) have helped B) helps C) was helped D) help
14. “ ______ ten dollars a big sum to him?” “I suppose so.”
A) Is B) Will be C) Are D) Were
15. Fifteen minutes ______ for a boy who is eager to see his girl friend.
A) seem a long time B) seems a long time C) seemed a long time D) seems a long time ago
答案：1-5 A C C A C 6-10 B D A B A 11-15 D B B A B